Friday, July 2, 2010

Unusual Places to Hone Your Craft



Dragon-Con is basically the Southern version of Comic-Con. I've been several times. If you're a fan of practically anything, you will find it represented at Dragon-Con. I found Dragon-Con, not because there is a Star Trek Fan Track, a Star Wars Fan Track, an Anne MacCaffrey (Pern) Fan Track, a Buffy/Angel Fan Track all things I am nutso about. No. I did an Ego Search for fun. I googled my name: Dragon and Dragon Con was one of the first links that came up. I decided I had to go when I saw all of the above represented, but yet another fan track called to me even more. The Writers Track.

Writer Nancy Knight supervises the Writer's Track which runs the entire three days of Dragon-Con and I've always found it to be very helpful and interesting. Julie and I will be going this year to see what's new. There's also a Young Adult Novel Track which seems to be more about reading them, than writing them, but it'll be worth a look in as well as my faves from up above. Dragon-Con has the hottest Klingons in the various fanverses as well as Vamps and (weirdly enough) pirate after pirate after pirate. The costumes are usually as much fun as the ones in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. There's even a parade. Geeks, Freaks, Fans, and apparently Pirates are welcome. Ya orta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment