Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Basics: How to Books

Like all good writing wanna-bees, I have read a lot of books on writing. Here are some of the ones I actually found helpful. In addition to these links to Amazon, there is another that I couldn't link to. Goals, Motivation, Conflict by Debra Dixon.

 
On WritingThe First Five Pages: A Writer's Guide to Staying Out of the Rejection Pile [1ST 5 PAGES]The Art Of Dramatic Writing: Its Basis In The Creative Interpretation Of Human Motives

 

 

The Elements of StyleWrite Tight: How to Keep Your Prose Sharp, Focused and ConciseThe Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers, 3rd Edition

1 comment:

  1. THE FIRST FIVE PAGES ranks at the top of my list. Fabulous book that will improve your writing skills immediately. I highly reccommend it.

    ReplyDelete